Every ingredient in this springtime medley adds something special. The salad can be rawganic if you plan ahead and sprout the chickpeas instead of cooking them. The fresher the better! Be sure not to overdue the olive oil to help preserve this fresh taste. Another great picnic dish!
1 bag chickpeas, 1 key lime, 1 cucumber, 1 large carrot, ½ stalk celery, 1 container alfalfa sprouts, ½ stalk of green onions, 4 tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, fresh basil, salt, pepper
- Prepare the chickpeas via sprouting or cooking. If cooking, drain and allow them to cool off.
- Peel and shred the cucumber and carrot over a large bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes, celery and green onions and mix into bowl.
- Add sprouts and chickpeas into bowl.
- Squeeze the key lime over the vegetables and stir.
- Mince the garlic and chop the basil. Add to bowl along with a drizzle of olive oil for moisture and salt and pepper as desired. Mix well.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!