Try this twist on classic seasoned potatoes. Cut your potatoes as you like—get creative with cubes or circle slices. You can adjust the spiciness by simply increasing the amount of hot sauce or chili powder you put in the mix. And you can bake the potatoes to be soft or crunchy. Play around with this recipe—have fun and enjoy!
Vegetables: 6 medium red potatoes, ½ yellow onion
Sauce: ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt & pepper, 1 tsp paprika, ¼ tsp cumin, 2 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid amino acid (or soy sauce), 2 ½ Tbsp rice vinegar, 1 ½ Tbsp Chipotle hot sauce, ¾ tsp chili powder, ¾ c water, 1/4 c vegetable broth (or 1 tsp vegetable bouillon)
Topping: 1 stalk green onion, ½ cup fresh cilantro
Serves: 4 people
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the potatoes into French fry-sized pieces.
- Chop the yellow onion.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir the potatoes, onion and sauce together in a large serving bowl. Leave set to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- While the potato mix is marinating, chop the green onions and cilantro.
- Place the potato mix on a baking sheet in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. If you want your potatoes soft, pour the remaining sauce onto the baking pan, too. If you want them crispy, pour off the sauce before transferring the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are done, pour them back into the large serving bowl and top with the chopped green onion and cilantro.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!