Thanksgiving is just around the corner and with it comes the end of fall. But autumn isn’t over just yet! Try a new–and daring–recipe that’s all things seasonal. Grab the apples and sweet potatoes while they’re still fresh on the shelves.
2 large sweet potatoes*, 1 peeled apple, fresh rosemary, fresh basil, 3 cloves garlic, olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper
*We’re talking behemoth size.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and apple into chunks and bring to a boil in lightly salted water.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain most of the water but leave a little for creaminess.
- Add the minced garlic, sufficient olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Whip with a beater until smooth.
- Chop the basil and add to the potatoes with the rosemary.
- Sprinkle on some more salt and pepper.
- Let the dog lick the bowl. (Make sure there are no garlic chunks—some dogs have adverse reactions to garlic. The more you know…)
- Serve, eat, enjoy!
This recipe was modified from vegetariantimes.com.