THANKSGIVING IS ALMOST HERE! Pardon the All Caps, but I’m a little obsessed, which is why I’ve been on a pumpkin kick as the Non-Turkey Feast Day nears.
Enjoy this spur of the moment what’s-in-the-kitchen recipe… like every other recipe of mine!
PART A: 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (or boiled pumpkin), 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract
PART B: 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
PART C: 1 cup dried cranberries, 1/3 cup oats*
*Oats can be excluded if you are unable to find a certified gluten-free brand.
Makes: 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine ingredients of PART A in a bowl. Stir evenly.
- Combine ingredients of PART B in a separate bowl. Sift (with a sifter or fork) and slowly add into PART A, stirring occasionally.
- Add PART C ingredients to batter and stir evenly.
- Pour into lined muffin pan. Sprinkle oats on top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to make sure they’re done before removing.
- Serve, eat, enjoy! Store in airtight container.
This recipe was inspired by Minimalist Baker.