When harvesting your pumpkin and butternut squash—perhaps for a delicious creamy soup—set the seeds aside. Don’t you dare let them go to waste! They’re chock full of nutrients. You can get roughly 20% of your daily protein, iron and zinc requirements, plus 50% or more of your manganese, magnesium and phosphorous needs. Phosphorous is required for calcium intake. The more you know…
raw seeds from 1 harvested pumpkin and 1 harvested butternut squash, sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Gut the pumpkin, separating as much goo as you can from the seeds. Be sure to save every last one!
3. Spread on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, rotating frequently.
5. Remove from oven and spread around baking sheet to keep from sticking. Allow to cool.
6. Serve, eat, enjoy! Store in cupboard in airtight container.