’Tis the season to be jolly. We must make the most of our fall gourds before they’re off the produce shelves! This vegetable hodgepodge with a Spanish flare will undoubtedly make you moan inappropriately with every bite. (I am evidence of such a thing.)
As usual, I leave amounts up to your discretion for recipes like this. You’re smart enough to know 1 cup of salt will send you into hypertension. You know how to make black beans and rice. And you’ve got your own taste buds to impress. So here’s what you need. Have at it!
yellow rice, black beans, butternut squash, onion, mushrooms, avocado, raw asparagus, raw tomato, spinach wraps, olive oil, Bragg’s liquid amino acids, cumin, pepper, sea salt, garlic powder
Serves: 4 people-ish
- For the butternut squash montage: Preheat the oven to 425 F. Peel and cube the butternut squash and arrange in a glass baking dish. Top with sliced onions. Season with olive oil, cumin, pepper, sea salt and garlic powder. Roast for approximately 45 minutes uncovered.
- Cook the yellow rice and black beans separately.
- Sautee sliced mushrooms in Bragg’s.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil and sea salt. Leave raw.
- Chop the tomatoes and slice the avocado.
- Prepare burrito wraps salad bar style.
- Serve, eat, make inappropriate noises, enjoy!
Note: If you want to scrap the wraps—or are like me and have a hard time keeping a burrito from falling apart—go for it! The dish is just as delicious piled on a plate and forked into your drooling mouth.
This recipe was inspired by Oh She Glows.