Winter is the best time of year to make the most of the gourds on the shelves. Warm your kitchen and your bellies with a healthy, oven-baked meal. This recipe has few ingredients and is easy to make. Spaghetti squash also contains a little bit of everything—vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids—except for the bad stuff like fat and high calories. So if you’re looking to be health conscious this winter, don’t forget to rely on the winter gourds in your diet!
1 spaghetti squash, 1 Roma tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, fresh rosemary, salt, pepper
*Will need broiling sheets and water, too.
Serves: 2 people
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Halve the spaghetti squash and scoop out the seeds. Lay the halves face down, side-by-side on the top broiling sheet. Fill bottom sheet with approximately 1/4” water.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until squash is soft. May need to refill water as needed.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on broiling sheet with squash for about 10 minutes.
- When finished with the oven, baste the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes inside the squash halves and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Add some sprigs of fresh rosemary on top.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!