The gourds are still on the grocery store shelves! If you’re bored with my butternut squash and pumpkin dinners (who are we kidding? they’re delish), have a whack at the acorn squash. To make your belly even more full, combine this with my Mediterranean quinoa dish, serving the quinoa scooped inside the squash halves.
1 acorn squash, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper
Serves: 2 people
- Halve the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the halves upside down on a baking sheet with a sliver of squash wedged under each half to allow steam to get in.
- Bake for about 20-25 min until can poke easily with a fork.
- Flip right side up and baste the insides with olive oil, brown sugar and a dash of salt and pepper. Bake another 30 minutes until flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!
This recipe was modified from Martha Stewart’s online cookbook. Thanks, Martha.