A visit from the Easter Bunny is just around the corner. With it comes the inevitable Peeps-filled Easter basket. But no matter how many times you tell the Easter Bunny you just don’t like those sugary marshmallow animals (or went vegan and the E.B. keeps forgetting), they will appear in front of the fireplace that Sunday morning.
What to do with your unwanted Peeps? If you’ve no friends to devour them and don’t want to wait until Christmas to meticulously arrange them into your abominable snowPeep Gingerbread scene, then fear no more. Peeps jousting is simple yet strangely riveting. If you’re in the March Madness betting spirit, why not add a little Peeps competition to the playing field?
What you need:
- 2 Peeps (diversity encouraged)
- 2 toothpicks
- 1 microwave
- 1 paper plate
What you do:
- Place the Peeps on the paper plate facing each other about 1 inch apart.
- Poke a toothpick into the front of each Peep and face it in the direction of the other Peep. Make sure the toothpicks are not poking the opponent.
- Pop the competitors in the microwave for about 1 minute and let the jousting games begin! (More realistically, your Peeps will be done jousting in 30 seconds.) Keep your eye on the marshmallow blobs or they’ll just become one big mush with no obvious winner.
- Winner is the Peep who pokes the other Peep first.
Try it! You’ll have fun no matter what your age, trust me.