Disclaimer: I’ve never cooked tempeh before this. Disclaimer: I’ve kind of just discovered tempeh. Disclaimer: I’m not an advocate for prepared foods or soy products for health reasons (stay away, GMOs!), but I did get my hands on some non-GMO not-gonna-kill-me tempeh and allowed myself to splurge ever so slightly. I hope you enjoy the results.
1 cauliflower head, 1/2 lb green beans (fresh or frozen), olive oil, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast flakes, Bragg’s liquid amino acids, garlic*, sesame oil or sesame seeds*
Serves: 3 people
- Steam the cauliflower and green beans in a sauce pan with a dab of olive oil.
- In a separate pan, fry the tempeh in olive oil, flipping the strips until both sides are golden brown or desired color.
- Combine vegetables and tempeh on a plate.
- Top with sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast flakes and Bragg’s liquid amino acids.
- Add a little garlic or sesame flavoring if you so fancy.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!