Handpicked blueberries? Check. Homegrown lavender? Yes, please.
Show off your foraging and gardening skills to your co-workers with these tasty muffin morsels. Frozen bluebs and store-bought (or farmer’s market!) lavender work, too. Unless you live in the PNW. In that case, no excuses.
2 c gluten-free flour (Nameste brand works great!), 1 1/2 c bluberries, 3/4 c almond milk, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 c applesauce, 4 lavender flowers minced, 1 Tbsp flax seed (or Nutiva nut/seed mix), 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, optional coconut oil for glazing
Makes: 12 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour and sugar together. Add in the milk and applesauce and stir.
3. Add in remaining ingredients except for the blueberries (save those for last!). Mix evenly.
4. Stir in those tasty bluebs.
5. Coat a muffin pan with no-stick spray or coconut oil.
6. Fill the muffin cups evenly and bake for 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
7. Optional: glaze the tops with coconut oil and pop in the oven for 1-2 minutes more being careful not to over-bake.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve, eat, enjoy! Store in sealed container, in fridge if >3 days.