It’s squash season! Summer is quickly coming to an end which means fall and winter gourds are just around the corner. Grab that spaghetti squash out of the garden or from the market and get to it with this scrumptious dish, one of my all-time favorites.
If you don’t have access to a smoker, broiling the squash is also an option. But the smoky flavor really adds pizzazz!
spaghetti squash, tomatos, avocado, cilantro, cumin, lime, olive oil, salt and pepper
For the slaw: red cabbage, lime, salt and pepper
Serves: 1-2 people
- Slice the spaghetti squash vertically and clean out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put on a smoker face up at desired settings for a minimum of 45 minutes. Check every 15 minutes and add olive oil as needed.
- Slice the tomatos, avocado and cilantro.
- Chop the cabbage and add in lime and salt and pepper.
- When the squash is ready, remove from the smoker and add in the remaining toppings including the cumin and cilantro.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!