FALL IS HERE! THE MOST MAGICAL AND BEAUTIFUL WEATHER IS ON ITS WAY! And with it comes all things pumpkin. That means I’ll be on my annual pumpkin kick, so look for PUMPKIN EVERYTHING coming at you over the next few months.
Disclaimer: I rode my bike all around the city in search of canned pumpkin. Apparently, everyone and their mom is already onto the pumpkin craze. But, alas, I finally found an expensive “nutritious” brand not even the store staff knew about, so my fall-themed camping trip can be complete!
3 c gluten-free flour, 1 can pumpkin (1.5 oz), 1/2 c applesauce, 1 c pure cane brown sugar, 1 tsp solid coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp cloves
Makes: 48 bite-sized cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the sugar and mix evenly.
- Add the applesauce, pumpkin, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Mix until silky smooth. You may need to employ a blender or your hands!
- Cover a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
- Plop bite-sized dough shapes on the pan. I recommend 6×4 rows, so expect to make 2 sheets worth.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Don’t let the bottoms burn! They should be soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. When they cool, the whole cookie will be soft like bread!
- Allow to cool on wire racks.
- Serve, eat, enjoy!
This recipe was modified from Food.com.