Add a little fall festivity to your dip display with this recipe!
Baking the dip inside the pumpkin allows for some of the pumpkin flavor to seep through. If you want to get really pumpkin crazy, you can use a fork to shred the pumpkin flesh into the dip.
1 pie pumpkin, 2 c chopped spinach (frozen or fresh), 12 oz artichoke hearts, 2/3 c unsweetened almond milk, 3 garlic cloves, 1 bag dairy-free mozzarella cheese, 1/2 yellow onion, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly caramelize minced garlic and diced onion in olive oil.
3. In a bowl, mix the caramelization with the other ingredients, minus the pumpkin.
4. Gut the pumpkin. (Save the seeds for baking the best pumpkin seeds ever!) Place it in the oven, top off, for 45 minutes. The dip is going to bake alongside it and then in it, conveniently at the same temperature.
5. Pour the dip ingredients into a casserole dish. Cover with tin foil to prevent browning and bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is nearly melted.
6. Remove the dip ingredients from the baking dish and pour the contents into the pumpkin. Continue baking for the remaining 20 minutes. Make sure tin foil is over the hole of the pumpkin to prevent browning.
7. After baking, if desired, shred the pumpkin flesh with a fork and mix in with the dip.
8. Use dipping food of choice–from chips to crackers to bread or veggies!
9. Remove any leftovers from the pumpkin and store in fridge in airtight container.